The Catholic Foundation of Southwest Iowa was established in 2012 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Des Moines. The Catholic Foundation advances stewardship rooted in best financial practices and Catholic values investing. To Catholic parishes and organizations, we provide strategic tools and fund management to ensure fiscal integrity and promote long-term financial security. To individual and family donors, we provide streamlined, faith-based opportunities for charitable giving.
The Catholic Foundation is prepared to provide grants to the parishes, schools and other Catholic entities within the Diocese of Des Moines and has budgeted up to $50,000 in additional grants for the current fiscal year.
Consistent with the priorities of the Diocese of Des Moines, the Catholic Foundation focuses its grant support in the following areas:
- Catholic Education (K-12)
- Refugee Assistance
- Adult Faith Development/Formation
- Pastoral Outreach
- New Initiatives
The Catholic Foundation has two grant award categories:
- General Grants – General grants are for award requests of $2,500 or more (average awards are $3,000).
- Parish Enrichment Grants (PEG) – PEGs are for award requests of less than $2,500 and are designed to provide assistance to pastors for small projects or programs within their parish.
Applications and Instructions:
- The deadline for submitting grant proposals (General and PEG) is no later than 4:00 PM Central Time on Friday, April 20, 2018.
- When preparing an application for either the General Grant or PEG grant category, please refer to the Catholic Foundation’s Grant Application Guidelines.
- General Grant Application
- Parish Enrichment Grant Application