The Catholic Foundation of Southwest Iowa was established in 2012 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Des Moines. The Catholic Foundation advances stewardship rooted in best financial practices and Catholic values investing. To Catholic parishes and organizations, we provide strategic tools and fund management to ensure fiscal integrity and promote long-term financial security. To individual and family donors, we provide streamlined, faith-based opportunities for charitable giving.
How it Works
The Catholic Foundation is prepared to provide grants to the parishes, schools and other Catholic entities within the Diocese of Des Moines and has budgeted up to $50,000 in additional grants for the current fiscal year.
Consistent with the priorities of the Diocese of Des Moines, the Catholic Foundation focuses its grant support in the following areas:
- Catholic Education (K-12)
- Refugee Assistance
- Adult Faith Development/Formation
- Pastoral Outreach
- New Initiatives
The Catholic Foundation will allocate grants based on organizations that:
- Demonstrate need for their requested fund
- Demonstrate whether or not there are additional dollars to support the grant proposal within the organization’s members
Applications and Instructions:
- The deadline for submitting grant proposals is no later than 4:00 PM Central Time on Monday, February 25, 2019.
- Grant proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When submitted, grant materials must be gathered into one document.
- Please check back soon for the grant application materials; materials should be found on this page in early November.
For more information about our Grant Program, please contact Rachel Seidl.