WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Foundation of Southwest Iowa (CFSWIA) is a non-profit, charitable organization that assists individuals, parishes, schools, and Catholic organizations across the 23-county Diocese of Des Moines as they seek to secure and provide long-term financial support.
WHAT WE DO
Under the leadership of Executive Director, Chris McCarville, and a Board of Directors, the Catholic Foundation works to manage transactions, steward the investment of assets, and distribute grant and endowment funds. The Catholic Foundation invests all funds in accordance with the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Catholic values investing principles.
WHO WE SERVE
- We help individuals, families, and businesses who wish to provide lasting financial support to Catholic parishes, schools, and organizations within the Diocese of Des Moines. Donors enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that their gift directly supports the Catholic parish, school, or organization they choose and is in accordance with catholic values investing principles. Through CFSWIA, individuals, families, and businesses can benefit the Diocese through:
- Planned giving
- Endow Iowa
- Donor Advised Funds
- Monetary donation
- We support Catholic parishes, schools, and organizations who wish to benefit their entity financially. This happens through:
- Agency Funds
- Grants program
Our mission is to promote a legacy of giving and support within the Diocese of Des Moines.
OUR CORE VALUES
- CATHOLIC: The Catholic Church and its values guide everything we do.
- EXCELLENCE: We expect nothing less than the very best at all times in everything we do.
- TO BE OF SERVICE: We assist the individuals, parishes, schools and other Catholic organizations within the Diocese of Des Moines as they seek to provide avenues of long-term financial support.
- INTEGRITY: We operate with honesty and have strong moral principles.
- THINK BIG: We seek to operate based with best practices industry-wide.